Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, CSBH will be hosting a Virtual Art Showcase in place of the in-person showcase. The Virtual Art Showcase will still allow the community to celebrate youth and their expression of emotions using art. The art will be featured in an on-line gallery on Mental Health America of Greater Houston’s Facebook Page.
The theme: Art in the Face of COVID-19
- Participants must be 5 to 20 years old
- Each piece must be original
- Only one submission per youth
- Although the theme has shifted CSBH realizes some have created pieces related to the original theme ‘What My Feelings Look Like’ and CSBH will still accept these pieces as well.
- Pieces can be collage, mixed media, drawings, mosaics, needlework, paint, photography, or sculpture
How to Enter:
- Email a scanned or photographed copy of the art piece and a completed consent form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The consent form can be printed, completed, then scanned, or it can be completed in Word and sent
- Pieces can be scanned or photographed (please send high resolution photos so people can see the work as clearly as possible; please do not send the actual art as CSBH, like many other businesses, are working remotely)
- CSBH will accept pieces through Friday, May 8th at 5 PM CST
- Winners of the following categories will each receive via mail a $50 Texas Art Supply Gift Card!
- Most Likes (piece which receives the most likes in the CSBH virtual gallery; winner selected on Friday, May 15th)
- Thinking Outside the Box
- Moved Beyond Words
- Most Innovative Approach
- Parents may submit art on behalf of their children
- Pieces may not contain vulgar language, nudity, or lewd/suggestive images or phrases