Harris County partnered with Catholic Charities as the administrator for $30 million in financial assistance to help Harris County families and individuals who need help recovering from financial distress caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For households located within Harris County that meet eligibility requirements
- One-time $1,500 payment
- Funds may be used for any emergency expenses such as healthcare, rent or mortgage, utilities, food, internet, transportation, childcare, and other past due expenses
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Households have to be within Harris County.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older, or be an emancipated minor.
- Households must demonstrate economic hardship incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Household must have at least one member enrolled in a public assistance program, or total household income at or below 60% of the HUD Area Median Family Income.
- One payment will be made per family unit. If housing is shared by more than one family unit, each family unit may apply.
- As required by federal guidelines, at least one adult member of the household must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or other qualified noncitizen.
How is the money being distributed?
- From July 28 – August 11, any eligible household in Harris County may apply online.
- Applicants will be selected at random using a statistical method that ensures fairness.
Click to learn more on how to apply.