Out 2 Learn is excited to formally announce the 2019-2020 Fall/Spring RFP Application!
Out 2 Learn is seeking to fund collaborative proposals from the following neighborhoods: Acres Homes, Central Southwest, South Acres/Crestmont, East End, Fifth Ward, and North Forest for the 2019-2020 academic year. Application criteria including eligible lead requirements and timeline are described below.
Eligible Lead Requirements:
- Must be listed on the YPQI List of Eligible Organizations
- Must have a 501(c)(3) status for a minimum of two years
- Must pass Organizational Review
Proposal and Grant Details:
- Proposal must select one neighborhood to serve. Projects proposing multiple areas will not be considered.
- Proposal must be a collaborative project. Collaborations are defined as two or more organizations joining together to enhance service delivery for a shared group of youth.
- Funded projects must enroll and fully engage in the Fall YPQI trainings and participate in staff development activities (August 2019-January 2020), dates to be determined.
- Work toward Quality Badge on O2L website.
- Proposals that are innovative, expand access and are committed to a strong collaborative partnership will be prioritized. Proposals that only add service delivery enhancements or replacement funds for existing programs are discouraged.
- Each funded project will be evaluated on achieved outcomes and outputs.
- Funding period: September 2019 – May 2020.
- Funding requests capped at $75,000.
Funded programs must meet basic financial and administrative requirements through a process referred to as Organizational Review. If an organization does not pass Organizational Review, it is eliminated from further consideration. See attached list of required documents for this process.
If you are interested in applying as lead, you will need to complete the following:
|1. View the Organizational Review Checklist|
|2. Watch the 2019 Organizational Review Requirements webinar for details on the Organizational Review process and documents required|
|3. Request an e-Cimpact login by emailing |
Be sure to copy both Kvonhaefen@unitedwayhouston.org and
|4. Begin submitting documentation as soon as your e-Cimpact login has been created|
11:15 am-12:30 pm
|Thursday, June 27th, 2019 |
|Technical Assistance Call #2 |
Conference ID: 851-950-785 #
|Thursday, July 11th, 2019 |
by 5:00 pm
|Applications DUE on e-Cimpact|
|Monday, July 15th, 2019||Organizational Review Determinations|
|Friday, August 16th, 2019||Grantee Notifications|
|Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 10:00 am-11:30 am||Grantee Conference|
|Friday, August 30th, 2019||Payment Disbursed or Received|
|September 2019||Fall Programming Begins|
|October 2019||Fall Initial Site Visits|
- If you are listed on the YPQI List of Eligible Organizations, we highly encourage you to go through Organizational Review!
- Watch the webinar covering Organizational Review and request a login for e-Cimpact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark the provided timeline on your calendar!
- Download the RFP Preamble and the 2019 Fall/Spring RFP Application
- Don’t know who to partner with? See the 2019-2020 Fall/Spring RFP Google Contact Sheet to input your contact information and see who else is listed as a potential program partner!
For e-Cimpact Technical Support, email e-Cimpact@unitedwayhouston.org.