Out-of-School Time Partners & Friends, here is a rich list of opportunities and events to help you kick off the new year!
Events and opportunities hosted by CASE for Kids
- CASE for Kids’s first Learning Community of the year – Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 9:30 am to 12:00 pm. Please register as soon as possible.
- Winter Symposium – Friday, February 22, 2019 at 8:00 am to 2:15 pm. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain 4.5 hours in OST training and the $40 fee includes lunch. See the attached flyer for more information and register online.
- Workshop schedules for January and February 2019 are attached. Topics for this upcoming selection of workshops includes empathy and emotion Management in OST, allowing for youth voice in programming, and incorporating STEM activities in OST.
REMINDERS for RFP opportunities shared previously:
- The RFP for applying to become a direct service provider for CASE for Kids is due January 15, 2019. Please contact Inga Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the proposal.
- New York Life Foundation’s RFP for OST programs serving disadvantaged middle school youth is due January, 25 2019. See the website for the application and more information.
Grant opportunity for youth
- Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation is awarding $400 grants to youth leaders ages 5-25 across the U.S. to create sustainable projects in their communities to end childhood hunger. Learn more at ysa.org/sodexoyouth and encourage your youth to apply by the deadline, February 15, 2019
Upcoming conferences and trainings to add to your calendar!
- Camp Congress for Teen Girls Houston 2019 – January 19, 2019
- Intro to Autism Resource and Services – January 25, 2019
- Let Every Child Shine: Femininity and STEM – February 1, 2019
- The Future of Healthy Children: The Pursuit of Social Justice – February 5, 2019
- Motivating and Empowering Future WOMEN Leaders: Teen Leadership Summit – February 9, 2019
- Girls Elevated 2019 – An Event to Empower Tweens & Tweens – February 23, 2019
- Circle Up: Positive & Restorative Practices for Relationship Building & Conflict Resolution (TOT) – February 27-28, 2019
- Restorative Discipline Practices Forum – March 19, 2019
- We are Girls Houston Conference 2019 – April 27, 2019