Out 2 Learn Barrier Buster Grant
Fall 2021 Barrier Buster Application is Open!
What is the Barrier Buster Request for Proposal?
The Barrier Buster Request for Proposal is an opportunity for O2L to expand its’ reach and support of out-of-school-time (OST) programming. This funding opportunity aims to target barriers that directly impact youth attendance, retention, or engagement within OST programs. The application is due August 20, 2021. OST providers can request up to $10,000 for this Fall 2021 cycle.
Click here for an instructional video on how to apply and use the E-C Impact platform (Note: Information specifically about E-C Impact starts at 15:38).
Who can apply?
Any free or fee-based OST provider with a 501c3 status (minimum of 2 years) and serving youth 5-18 years old during out-of-school time hours.
Public and charter schools running an OST program on their campus. Schools are encouraged to work with their OST provider (if applicable) or their district’s grant department/foundation.
What are qualifying Barrier Buster requests?
OST providers face many barriers that impact their ability to provide programming. Barriers can include transportation, competing priorities, COVID-19 disruptions, technology, parent/youth buy-in, incentivizing youth voice, or community awareness of youth programs. Barriers are unique to each community and to the population of students served. OST providers are the experts in their communities and best understand their own challenges. There are no one-size-fits-all solutions, you tell us the barriers that are true to your program, your students, and your community!
Priority will be given to requests that use funds toward direct service.
Qualifying requests will:
- Identify a clear barrier that is a recurring challenge for the OST provider during programming hours. (Funds should be directed to address barriers occurring before the end of high school graduation.)
- Provide a clear rationale for how the barrier directly impacts youth attendance, retention, or engagement.
- Describe how this barrier is unique to the program in the proposed community.
- Provide a clear description for use of Barrier Buster funds requested to address the barrier(s) identified.
- Requests should not exceed $10,000.
Notice: COVID-19 and Barrier Buster Requests
For COVID-19 related barriers, priority will be given to projects surrounding the current or future impact on programming attendance, retention, or youth engagement for OST programs; funds cannot be used to cover previous expenditures or losses.
What are the Requirements?
- Application: Applicants must answer all application questions and submit a program budget. Applications must be submitted on e-Cimpact.
- Project Budget: Please provide a minimum of one price quote for program purchases over $500. Project Budget should be specific and itemized:
- Program Revenue (all associated donations, i.e. cash and in-kind)
- Program Expenses (all items with associated costs; indicate which expenses will be paid for with O2L Barrier Buster funds.)
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must also submit an IRS 501(c)(3) designation letter (minimum of 2-year status), the most recently completed IRS Form 990 Income Tax Return (filed within the last 3 years), and a signed copy of the Anti-Terrorism Patriot Act form (also found within the resource center on e-Cimpact).
- e-Cimpact: All applications and supporting documents must be submitted through the e-Cimpact portal. Final Reports for grantees are due December 17th.
What are the grantee requirements?
If awarded Barrier Buster funds, grantees are expected to complete the following:
- Agree to, sign, and return the Service Provider Agreement via email by the due date assigned.
- Use Barrier Buster funds in accordance with the Service Provider Agreement and set timeline.
- Submit Barrier Buster Grantee Final Report by the due date (December 17th).