Out 2 Learn Barrier Buster Grant
The Summer 2022 Barrier Buster Grant application is now closed.
What is the Barrier Buster Request for Proposal?
The Barrier Buster Request for Proposal is an opportunity for O2L to expand its’ reach and support of out-of-school-time (OST) programming. This funding opportunity aims to target barriers that directly impact youth attendance, retention, or engagement within OST programs.
The application is open from April 11-22, 2022. OST providers can submit up to 2 proposals. Agencies cannot request more than $10,000 total across all proposals.
Click here for an instructional video about Out 2 Learn how to use the E-C Impact platform (Note: Information specifically about E-C Impact starts at 15:38).
Preview the application questions here.
Who can apply?
Any free or fee-based OST provider with a 501c3 status (minimum of 2 years) and serving youth 5-18 years old during out-of-school time hours.
Public and charter schools running an OST program on their campus. Schools are encouraged to work with their OST provider (if applicable) or their district’s grant department/foundation.
What are qualifying Barrier Buster requests?
OST providers face many barriers that impact their ability to provide programming. Barriers can include transportation, competing priorities, COVID-19 disruptions, technology, parent/youth buy-in, incentivizing youth voice, or community awareness of youth programs. Barriers are unique to each community and to the population of students served. OST providers are the experts in their communities and best understand their own challenges. There are no one-size-fits-all solutions, you tell us the barriers that are true to your program, your students, and your community!
Priority will be given to requests that use funds toward direct service.
Qualifying requests will:
- Identify a clear barrier that is a recurring challenge for the OST provider during programming hours.
- Provide a clear rationale for how the barrier directly impacts youth attendance, retention, or engagement.
- Describe how this barrier is unique to the program in the proposed community.
- Provide a clear description for use of Barrier Buster funds requested to address the barrier(s) identified.
- Requests should not exceed $10,000 total per agency.
Notice: COVID-19 and Barrier Buster Requests
For COVID-19 related barriers, priority will be given to projects surrounding the current or future impact on programming attendance, retention, or youth engagement for OST programs; funds cannot be used to cover previous expenditures or losses.
What are the Requirements?
- Application: Applicants must answer all application questions and submit a program budget. Applications must be submitted on e-Cimpact by April 22nd.
- Project Budget: Please provide a minimum of one price quote for program purchases over $500. Project Budget should be specific and itemized:
- Program Revenue (all associated donations, i.e. cash and in-kind)
- Program Expenses (all items with associated costs; indicate which expenses will be paid for with O2L Barrier Buster funds.)
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must also submit an IRS 501(c)(3) designation letter (minimum of 2-year status) and the most recently completed IRS Form 990 Income Tax Return (filed within the last 3 years).
- e-Cimpact: All applications and supporting documents must be submitted through the e-Cimpact portal. Final Reports for grantees are due August 19, 2022.
What are the grantee requirements?
If awarded Barrier Buster funds, grantees are expected to complete the following:
- Agree to, sign, and return the Service Provider Agreement via email by the due date assigned.
- Use Barrier Buster funds in accordance with the Service Provider Agreement and set timeline.
- Submit Barrier Buster Grantee Final Report by the due date (August 19th).