Parents & Caregivers
Outdoor and survival skills lessons
Students will become familiar with 10 essential items for surviving a back country wilderness experience. Students will understand the importance of pre-trip planning and preparation. And students will think critically to identify their 10 COVID-19 personal essentials. Access the full lesson plan here.
Literacy Through Photography Lesson
Students will create a reflection journal using simple materials and practice brain activity. This activity is for grade levels 2nd- 8th. Click here for the full lesson plan.
Vocabulary activities for English second-language students
Provides English language learners with the opportunity to practice, improve, and learn new vocabulary. To provide refugee students a safe space to assume normalcy and continue English enrichment during uncertain times. Facilitators lead a game-show style live-stream featuring a variety of English language word games. Follow the link for more information.
Resources for Parents & Caregivers
- Houston Area Urban League
- Brentwood Community Foundation
- Sewa International Houston
- The Woods Project
- Association for the Advancement of Mexican-Americans (AAMA)
- Greater Emmanuel Family Worship Center
- STEM Urban Perspective
- FotoFest International
- Black United Fund of Texas
- PAIR Houston (Partnership for the Advancement and Immersion of Refugees)