Although our work varies, we all have an interest in bolstering our community. One-way United Way of Greater Houston does this is through the release of the ALICE report. The ALICE report provides county-by-county and community-level data including analysis of how many households are struggling and the obstacles ALICE households face on the road to financial independence. The ALICE Report provides the data we need to better understand the daily tough choices and risks those struggling to make ends meet must take in today’s economy and unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
Join us for the Data and Dish series where we will feature the 2018 data, explore the intersection of ALICE and community issues, including discussion of how to take the data into action to remove obstacles to financial stability, identify gaps in community resources and build data-informed solutions to help ALICE families achieve economic stability.
All sessions held from 12:00 – 1:00 pm via Zoom video conferencing.
RSVP for each Data and Dish session.
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 – Overview of 2018 ALICE Report
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 – Impact of COVID-19 on ALICE
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – Financial Hardship and Racial Disparities among ALICE Households
- Tuesday, January 19, 2020 – Understanding the Senior Survival Budget
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 – The Benefits of Sufficient Income
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021 – ALICE Data for Action
Please direct all questions to Jessica Davison, firstname.lastname@example.org