Learn the basics of policy & advocacy during this 16-week paid part time experience
I am writing to you to share a PAID opportunity for current youth leaders to be part of an initiative to promote healthcare access and economic justice. We are seeking passionate youth leaders, ages 18-26, who are looking to become involved in youth activism to join our young advocates program.
We are especially interested in welcoming young people of color, opportunity youth, young people who are parenting, young people in apprenticeships/work based learning and first generation college students into our spring cohort. We have positions open in Austin, Houston, and East Texas.
Young Advocates Would:
- Participate in weekly Friday 4-hour virtual training and design meetings throughout the Spring (February-May 2021)
- Participate in smaller team projects for an additional 6 hours per week
- Receive $15/hr for 10hrs per week
- Connect, partner and network with key organizational leaders and young advocates
- Contribute their voice to our policy work